Thank you for participating in the upcoming AAPG Eastern Section meeting, which will be held at the Renaissance Hotel (on Public Square) in Cleveland, Ohio. Your abstract has been selected for oral presentation and these guidelines provide a summary of essential information for the preparation and presentation of your talk.
- The technical program will be held Monday and Tuesday, September 24 and 25, 2012.
- All oral presentations will be 20 minutes in length, followed by a 3-5 minute question and answer period. That is 25 minutes total, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Session chairs will strictly enforce allotted time limits to assure the technical program stays on schedule.
- The Presentation Center (speaker room) will be located in the Bush Room on the Mezzanine level (third floor).
- The Presentation Center will be open on Sunday-Tuesday, September 23-25, from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM Sunday, and 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Monday and Tuesday. Computers will be available as will members of the technical committee for information and assistance.
- A complimentary breakfast will be provided for speakers on the morning of their presentation in the Severance Room (4th floor) from 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM.
Slide preparation and submission considerations:
- All computers will be PC’s running Windows 7 operating system (no Macs).
- Presentation format will be Microsoft PowerPoint 2010.
- Speakers are urged to visit http://www.aapg.org/meetings/kits/electronicallyspeaking.pdf for tips on preparing and delivering a quality digital slide presentation.
- An image aspect ratio of 4 X 3 is recommended to optimize the screen dimensions.
- Please name your PowerPoint file according to the following convention: senior author last name_session number_3 key words, such as: smith_session3_DevShaleProd.
- Presentation PowerPoint slide files may be uploaded to an FTP site (address to be provided later). This is preferred since it will prevent bottlenecks in the Presentation Center.
- Presentations may also be submitted at the Presentation Center from a USB drive (e.g. thumb drive) or CD the day prior to your talk.
To register for the AAPG Eastern Section 2011 meeting and view the full program and activities go to: http://www.esaapg2012.org/
The website also has a link to reserve rooms at the Renaissance Hotel, the meeting venue. Hotel rooms are sure to sellout before our special hotel rate ends on September 7, 2012.
If you have questions email John Wicks at email@example.com .